Rather than talking only about my photography experience, I'm doing something different. Here are 9 random facts about me:
1. As you can guess, I LOVE photography! Seeing pictures of people smiling and happy makes me smile, too. Happiness is contagious. And, it's so rewarding when clients express how much they love their pictures.
2. I am Mexican-American and am fluent in (conversational) Spanish.
3. I love mud obstacle runs like Tough Mudder, Muddy Dash and Terrain Race. They're so fun! Now that my son is old enough, we did one in September and had a blast crawling and wading through the mud. Now, we have matching T-shirts.
4. Photography isn't my main job. I do it on the side of my main job, which is doing marketing communications for a local hospital.
5. I'm great at coming up with 'dad jokes' on the fly. Extra points if I give my kids some real eye-rollers. (Once when my son was ironing his shirt, I said, "I think I have a new name for you: Iron Man.")
6. I know all my states and capitols. Quiz me if you don't believe me. lol.
7. I'm a hot weather person. I love the sun. As a Texan, anything below 60 degrees is "cold" for me.
8. I definitely married up. My wife, Emilee, is an amazing woman and mom, and my kids and I are so lucky to have her in our lives. She's a high school chemistry teacher and fanatic of the British Baking Show ("I love how everyone is just so supportive of each other," she says.)
9. Some of my favorite shows are Friends, The Office, and Cobra Kai. If you quote Friends, we're pretty much best buds. One of my favorites: “They don’t know that we know they know we know.” #IYKYK
Hopefully this helped you get to know me a little bit.